Sanctuary for the Abused

Thursday, July 05, 2018

Why Do Psychopaths Target Married or "Taken" Individuals?


by Claudia Moscovici

Some of the readers of this blog have asked me: why do psychopaths target married or “taken” individuals? Why don’t they prefer people who are single and available? My first answer is a reminder that psychopaths target everyone. They are constantly performing in their heads a cost-benefit analysis that intuitively assesses how they can use and exploit each individual they meet.

For those psychopaths who are sex addicts and/or sexual predators, obviously the use-value that matters most has to do with domination through sex and romance. When a psychopath enters a room, he scopes out everyone and zones in on the prey that he intuits might be vulnerable or open to his advances. Psychopathic sex addicts have plenty of easy prey: one night stands, friends with benefits and flings. They do go after easy targets.

However, those targets are not enough because their domination and conquest are purely physical, not emotional. This is why psychopaths also latch on to more challenging prey. They promise them commitment and express (phony or superficial) love in order to sink their teeth deeper into them, body and soul. Feeling the love in someone else’s eyes gives psychopaths and narcissists a sense of power, almost omnipotence, that is very arousing, especially since they know that the love is based on a foundation of lies and false premises. The conquest and dupery of their victims is doubly intoxicating for them.

Choosing married or otherwise “taken” victims adds a third dimension to their sadistic pleasure. When they seduce a married woman, they are not only conquering that person’s heart but also “taking her” from another man. To psychopaths this represents a double conquest and therefore also a double defeat of their victims: both of the person they dupe into loving them and of the person they both cheat on. The thrill of seducing married individuals, to manipulate and hurt not only a given target, but also her significant other and family, often proves irresistible to psychopaths, fueling their false sense of superiority, power and invincibility.

SOURCE

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

shared by Barbara at 12:11 AM


Share

9 Comments:

I am the sick old witch that is his excuse for not marring them.
But I over function every second of the day. He claims he is helping me out, NOT. And acts like the long suffering maryter and me this diseased thing. I use to dress and look desireable,then he said I was a whore.

3:46 AM  

Satisfying their sadistic pleasure comes first before they choose the status of their victim.

7:04 AM  

that's so sick, I wish psychos would all kill themselves already.

2:56 PM  

I have been targeted by a sex predator for 1 year now who is married and works as a hairdresser locally to where I live. I am married too. There is always two sides to a story but I admit he knows I did find him attractive until then he has never left me alone when I refused him sex. I have been friendly to him but now you can guess why, I have sworn at him, slapped him across the face and told him he is a marriage and head wrecker. It was so bad.

Because I know how to handle this guy and know not to fall for his advances, he now takes it personally but at the same time tries to get me to get my hair done more often than I need to. I consider myself to be a faithful wife and I don't want my head mixed up. What goes on in this type of guy's mind for this long?

10:52 AM  

I have been targeted by a sex predator for 1 year now who is married and works as a hairdresser locally to where I live. I am married too. There is always two sides to a story but I admit he knows I did find him attractive until then he has never left me alone when I refused him sex. I have been friendly to him but now you can guess why, I have sworn at him, slapped him across the face and told him he is a marriage and head wrecker. It was so bad.

Because I know how to handle this guy and know not to fall for his advances, he now takes it personally but at the same time tries to get me to get my hair done more often than I need to. I consider myself to be a faithful wife and I don't want my head mixed up. What goes on in this type of guy's mind for this long?

10:53 AM  

Because somewhere deep inside it validates you as attractive desired and
It fills your ego. It is a false charge
That u justify as being polite when.ikr n.fact he disrespects you your husband
And your your not acting in good honor you are disrespecting yourself to set it.straight or to not acknowledge him.entirely really dont allow it to continue at all!

Tactic

3:06 PM  

Get away from him!

5:58 PM  

A contractor at work had taken an interest in me. At first I felt "under his spell" and would do anything. I had alarm bells going off all over the place and when he "disappeared" for a couple of weeks I took the opportunity to research. I discovered he spent eight years in jail for drugs and running a prostitution ring. I think he wanted me to fall in love (and turn me out). I thank GOD for listening to those alarm bells! And, the funny thing is-if he hadn't of disappeared-I might not have heard the bells. I can't avoid him because of work, but at least I'm seeing things differently.

1:57 PM  

Don't forget women do this Dane thing to other women, some even include their own children in the sick game of trying to seduce another's partner.
#likemotherlikedaughter
#getyourownmen
#quitcheatingskanks

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home